We have an immediate opening for a Design Engineer at our Deerfield Beach, Florida headquarters.
Our company provides final assembly, labeling and packaging services of drug delivery devices to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries and soon clinical fill finish capabilities. Scientist and Engineers work closely with our partners to continuously create and introduce innovative, patient centric, solutions to enhance patient compliance and user experiences. Dedicated project managers work closely with their counterparts at the partner company to develop and maintain program timelines in line with the strategic and business needs of our partners. In addition, for those partners who wish to have SHL handle the final assembly process, SHL Pharma offers robust final assembly and labeling capabilities that enable our partners to improve speed to market and reduce the number of parties involved as well as have one clear point of responsibility.
Performs the necessary engineering development tasks, including investigation, invention, prototype, design (including detail drawings, structural analysis, tolerance analysis, etc.), testing, and validation bringing new and or existing technology to bear on product and design.
- In cases of new product implementation, works with CAD designers and technicians to prepare all specs, drawings, documents, material components that are needed to implement the program into manufacturing.
- Generates and or works with Design Verification department and or manufacturing sites to prepare design verification, validation and test protocols & reports necessary for the execution and successful completion of the project developmental tasks.
- Direct participation on design reviews, FMEAs. Interact with other departments and functional areas to expedite projects.
- Provide technical support to customers as required under the direct supervision of Senior Engineer, coordinates the product production and supply for in-house and or customer clinical trials, continues the technology transfer activity after initial production startup for a relevant period of time.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Biomedical), experience in the design of medical devices, preferably in mechanically driven mechanisms.
- Advanced degree in an Engineering discipline is desirable. Must be able to communicate appropriately and accurately both orally and in writing the progress of assignments and product development efforts.
- Independent thinker and problem solver with experience in process development is desirable.
If you possess the required experience and qualifications and want the challenge of growing with our company then submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources Department at RecruitUS@shl-group.com.