We are looking for a driven Data Engineer to join our growing analytics and data science team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. Also, the data engineer will perform key duties for our companies current data transition, and will lead independent projects that support a variety of department including Business Development, Manufacturing, Process Development and Design Engineering. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives. Responsibilities:
1. Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
2. Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
3. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
4. Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud ‘big data’ technologies.
5. Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Business, Manufacturing, IT and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
6. Maintain data security and integrity across our international corporate footprint.
7. Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
8. Work with data science and analytics team to strive for greater functionality in our data systems. Qualifications：
1. Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
2. Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
3. Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
4. Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
5. Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
6. A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
7. Strong project management and organizational skills.
8. Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
9. We are looking for a candidate in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
10. Experience with relational SQL databases.
11. Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
12. Experience with cloud services, especially Azure is a plus. Apply for this Job
For further information on this position or SHL Group, please contact: RecruitTW@shl-group.com, HR Department