We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Technician at our Deerfield Beach, Florida headquarters.
Our company provides final assembly, labeling and packaging services of drug delivery devices to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries and soon clinical fill finish capabilities. Scientist and Engineers work closely with our partners to continuously create and introduce innovative, patient centric, solutions to enhance patient compliance and user experiences. Dedicated project managers work closely with their counterparts at the partner company to develop and maintain program timelines in line with the strategic and business needs of our partners. In addition, for those partners who wish to have SHL handle the final assembly process, SHL Pharma offers robust final assembly and labeling capabilities that enable our partners to improve speed to market and reduce the number of parties involved as well as have one clear point of responsibility.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the position is responsible to provide technical support in equipment, process and operational efficiency improvements for assembly, quality control and packaging technologies. The incumbent contributes to the optimization of the production equipment by providing shop floor technical expertise for process technology, while ensuring cGMP compliant manufacturing.
- Oversee equipment start-up, characterizations and qualifications.
- Coordinate equipment installations, and transfers.
- Develop or maintain maintenance and training programs associated with automated production equipment.
- Support routine equipment maintenance.
- Identify and implement new manufacturing technologies, processes, or equipment.
- Design production layouts that minimize production impacts.
- Recommend corrective or preventive actions to assure or improve product quality or reliability
- Monitor or measure manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease time requirements, or improve quality.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules and practices.
- Background in skilled trades or shop floor technical support (e.g. maintenance technician, automation technician) with 5-7 years of experience working in an industrial manufacturing setting, preferably medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Must be able to communicate appropriately and accurately both orally and in writing.
- Must have practical electro-mechanical experience and solid understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Independent thinker and problem solver.
If you possess the required experience and qualifications and want the challenge of growing with our company then submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources Department at RecruitUS@shl-group.com.